Thursday, March 5, 2009

I'm not the perfect Mom I thought I was.




Look at the goose egg that he has. We were getting ready to go to a well check. I set him on the counter to put his coat on and fill up a bowl of goldfish crackers. I spilled them and went to get the broom and he fell off the counter. It sounded horrible. He cried alot. We went to the well check and there was nothing. That night was bad he was up alot. The next morning we got up early and I was sitting with him and I felt his head and it was squishy. So I took him to the ER. They did a cat scan and it showed nothing. Then a week later it started to swell like it looks here and we called the Dr. two times on Wednesday and the second time the Dr told us to go back to the ER. So again the same thing cat scan and sent home. We went home feeling stupid for taking him back and questioning our Dr. But the next day I was in the Dr. office for Rudi and when we were done the Dr. got a phone call and we started to walk out of the room and he told us to go back in and then came back in and told us another radiologist read the xray and found a skull fracture. So Sam already sees a neurologist so we got into see him the next day and now we just have to watch it to make sure it dosen't get bigger. And go back in 2 weeks. They did a 3D picture of his skull and now I have seen it all. The crack is long a fine but it looks bad. The Dr. just wants to make sure nothing comes thru the crack. I feel so bad. Just what he needs. More appointments and to be hurt. I know accidents happen but I'm the Mom. He needs to be safe with me. Because he has Morgan as a sister.

3 comments:

It's me, Jenny! said...

Poor Sam...his head does look a little wonky...but you are a good mom! Things just happen...and a good mom gets things checked out like you did.

Michelle said...

You weren't kiddin'!!! Now THAT is a goose egg!

Rick & Julie Miller and Family said...

OMG! Poor Sam...and poor Mom...I feel for you both! Give him a kiss for me...!